As a college preparatory school, Holy Names Academy assists its students with the college search and admissions process. The two fulltime, dedicated counselors in the College Counseling Office offer the following services:
- Individual student counseling to assist with the college application and selection process. Students are guided in the exploration of such areas as: proposed major course of study; academic qualifications; expectations regarding tuition, room, board, and other expenses; preferences as to geographical location, religious affiliation, size of school, etc.
- Individual and group meetings with parents and students concerning the overall admissions process, applications, testing, and financial aid.
- Coordination of visits by college admissions representatives and notification to students about other Puget Sound area college meetings.
- Online and print resources for information on college profiles and admissions, testing (ACT, SAT, SAT Subject Tests), scholarships, and financial aid.
- Coordination of Career Day, at which professionals in a variety of careers visit HNA to give presentations to 9th-, 10th-, and 11th-grade students.
- Publication of the annual HNA College Planning Guide and the monthly newsletter College Counselors' Corner.
Holy Names Academy students and families have access to our College Counselors' monthly newsletter, College Counselors' Corner. Current parents and students can access the current and past 11 editions of College Counselors' Corner by using the link below to sign into the Parent Portal (password required).
For College Representatives:
To schedule a visit to Holy Names Academy, please CLICK HERE.
Please be aware that it is the policy of Holy Names Academy to only allow not-for-profit educational institutions to visit our school.
DAY OF VISIT REMINDER: College representatives will need to enter Holy Names Academy through the front entrance at 728 21st Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98112. Please ring the doorbell and you will be greeted by our receptionist. After signing in as a guest, you will be directed upstairs to the College Counseling Office.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that you park in the reserved space(s) in the parking lot behind the gym and the new Mary Herche Pavilion on 22nd Avenue East (NOT the lot with the school buses!). The parking space(s) will be marked "Reserved for College Rep." However, entrance to the building will still be through the front doors on 21st Avenue East.
It is imperative that you follow our school's parking policies. Click HERE for a PDF map showing policies and street-parking restrictions for all school-related parking.