Hey Cougars, welcome to the HNA community!
Please look through the information below to learn more about HNA. We encourage you to explore the entire website and to follow us on Instagram @hnacougars!
Welcome Video for Class of 2027
- Sports Information Night - Monday, April 3, 2023, 7 – 8 p.m. Incoming student athletes and their parents should plan to attend this informational evening at the school. Meet Athletic Director Lacey London, HNA coaches, and some of the athletes who compete in HNA’s interscholastic sports. Learn more about our sports programs, including tryouts, practices, and guidelines. Planning note: tryouts for HNA fall sports - golf, soccer, volleyball, slowpitch softball, swimming (no-cut), and cross country (no-cut)—will be Monday–Friday, August 21–25. Athletes must be present the entire week of tryouts.
- Spring Musical - Thursday, April 20 through Saturday, April 22, 2023. HNA's Theatre & Music Departments proudly presents the smash-hit stage musical, Beauty and the Beast. More information here.
- Class of 2027 Bowling Party - Sunday, April 23, 1-3 p.m. Meet your Class of 2027 classmates! Join us for an afternoon of games and snacks with your new classmates and members of the Class of 2025 at West Seattle Bowl. Cost is $15/person. Parents are invited to join members of the HNA Parent Board for an informal gathering at Uptown Espresso (4301 SW Edmunds St) or Cupcake Royale (4556 California Ave SW). Register here!
- Parent Orientation for the Class of 2027 and transfer students is Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 7 p.m.
The HNA Parent Portal is a secure, parents-only section of HNA's website. You should have received a postal-mailed letter containing the username and password to set up an account in the portal.
To log into the Parent Portal, go to the Portal Page. Under "First Time Signing In?" click "REGISTER." Enter the username and password in the letter we sent you in the mail. If you prefer to register later, just click on the "Parents" section at the top of the HNA website homepage.
If you need assistance, including having your login reset, please contact Tracey Stone in our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Names Academy draws students from 86 ZIP codes and 114 middle schools throughout the Greater Seattle area. Students use a variety of transportation methods, including carpooling, HNA’s morning shuttle program, public transportation, biking, and driving. Please visit our Transportation page for more information!
Morning Shuttle Service for the 2023-2024 School Year
Holy Names Academy will once again offer a Morning Shuttle on school-day mornings in the 2023-2024 school year. Registration for 23-24 will open at 8:00 a.m. on March 30. Please review this Morning Shuttle Program Information Sheet! Seats on the buses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and some routes fill up quickly. Note that a waitlist option will be available on the registration page; the HNA Business Office will consider adding buses to a route if there is sufficient demand.
2023-24 Route Prices, billed over 10 months (Aug-May)
- Non-toll routes - North, Northwest, South/St. Anthony = $965
- Toll routes - South/St. Francis, West Seattle (AM & PM), East = $1,030
If you have any questions, please email the Business Office.
Sign Up To Be Listed in the 2023-2024 HNA Carpool Directory
Each year, HNA publishes a directory of families interested in participating in carpools. The directory is organized by ZIP code and emailed to participating families in early June. If your family wishes to be included in the 2023-2024 HNA Carpool Directory, please complete this form. You may also email or call the Admissions Office: (206) 720-7805, email@example.com. Families must sign up each school year to be included in the directory. Please sign up by Monday, May 22, 2023. The contact information in the Carpool Directory comes from the HNA registration database. If you would like a second address included, please list the name of the parent living at the second address. Families are responsible for making their own carpool arrangements.
Holy Names Academy offers summer camps for young women entering Grades 4 through 8, and to any student starting Grade 9 at Holy Names Academy in the Fall. The athletic camps are designed to offer quality instruction from the HNA coaching staff, players, and alumnae in a fun, welcoming environment. All skill levels are welcome. Additional details and registration information available here.
- Middle School & Learn to Row, Age 12-Grade 9
- June 19-29, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- July 10-20, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- July 24-August 3, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- High School & Experienced Crew, Grades 10-12
- June 19-29, 1:30-3:30p.m.
- July 10-20, 1:30-3:30p.m.
- July 24-August 3, 1:30-3:30p.m.
- Cougar Hoop (Basketball) Camp
- Grades 4-6: June 20-23, Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m. - noon
- Grades 7-9: June 20-23, Tuesday-Friday, 1-4p.m.
- Cougar Volleyball Camp
- Grades 6-7: July 10-13, Monday-Thursday, 9a.m.- noon
- Grades 8-9: July 10-13, Monday-Thursday, 1-4p.m.
- Cougar Soccer Camp
- Grades 7-9: July 18-21, Tuesday-Friday, 9a.m.-noon
Special Interest Camps for Grades 6-9
- Intro to Music Production
- June 26-28, Monday-Wednesday, 9a.m.-noon
- Art Explorations
- July 10-12, Monday-Wednesday, 12-3p.m.
- July 31-August 1, Monday-Tuesday, 12:30-3:30p.m.
- Camp Give Back
- July 31-August2, Monday-Wednesday, 8:30a.m.- noon
- Murder Mystery / Forensics
- July 31-August 3, Monday-Thursday, 9a.m.- noon
- Get Psyched!
- August 7-9, Monday-Wednesday, 12:30-3:30p.m.
- Science Fiction Literature & Film
- August 7-10, Monday-Thursday, 9a.m.-noon
- Middle School & Learn to Row, Age 12-Grade 9
Back to School events
More information and registration will be coming in future parent newsletters!
- Digital Device Set Up - August 3and August 15.
- 9th Grade Welcome - August 11, 2:00-9:00 p.m.
- 9th Grade Orientation (first day of school for 9th grade) - August 22, 8:00-11:30 a.m.
- Transfer Student Orientation - August 22 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- New Parent Coffee - August 22, 7:30 a.m.
- First Day of School - August 23 (12:45 p.m. dismissal)
- Reception for BIPOC Families - August 23, 6:30 p.m.
- New Student/Parent Mass and Reception - August 31, 7:00 p.m.
- 2023-2024 School Year Dates to Note