HEAD CREW COACH AND PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Holy Names Academy is seeking a full-time, year-round head crew coach and program coordinator. The Holy Names Academy Crew team was founded in 1993 and continues to be an integral part of the school’s strong and successful athletic program, competing in nationally attended regattas such as Head of the Charles, Shamrock Invitational, and Youth Nationals. The team maintains a roster of 75-100 rowers and trains out of the Lake Washington Rowing Club boathouse. Practices are held Monday-Friday from 3:15 to 6:15 p.m. from late-August through mid-May, with weekend regattas. Post-season and summer-camp coordination and coaching are required.
• Creation of daily, seasonal, and annual practice plans and racing schedules in accordance with Holy Names Academy’s academic and athletic program goals.
• Safe supervision and instruction of student-athletes in rowing and related cross-training activities.
• Utilization of different teaching and communication methods, including virtual platforms
• Recruitment and mentorship of assistant coaching staff to carry out responsibilities and program objectives.
• Coordination of regatta logistics including submitting entries, making travel arrangements, and transporting equipment by trailer.
• Record keeping and tracking of student-athlete compliance, statistics, and progress.
• Timely communication of team information and logistics to student-athletes, parents, and school administrators.
• Stewardship and maintenance of a fleet of 25 hulls, 24 sets of oars, 27 rowing machines, and 3 coaching launches along with other sport-specific equipment.
• Management of a budget that includes coaches’ salaries, boathouse membership, equipment moorage and maintenance, regatta fees, travel costs, and new purchases.
• Guidance of student-athletes and their parents on NCAA rules and recruiting processes.
• Communication with college and national team coaches on student-athletes’ skills and potential contributions.
• Planning and execution of annual fundraising regatta, incoming-student, college recruitment, and alumnae events such as Tail of the Lake Regatta and Cougar Crew Summer Camp.
• Assist with athletic program and report to the Athletic Director.
• Strong understanding of rowing technique, including sweep and sculling disciplines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups including athletes, parents, coaches, and school administrators.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
• CPR & First Aid certification and training is required within one month of hire.
• Washington Boater’s Education certification prior to start of season.
• Successful clearing of background check and driving record.
• Compliance with all Holy Names Academy, Lake Washington Rowing Club, and USRowing policies and procedures.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, and life insurance; retirement program; employee-led wellness programs
• Summer sabbatical program
• Stable, inclusive, welcoming corps of colleagues
How to Apply
E-mail letter of inquiry and resume to email@example.com, attention Elizabeth Swift, Head of School.
Last updated August 15, 2020
Holy Names Academy inspires young women of diverse beliefs and backgrounds to excel in life with confidence and courage, to think critically, act with purpose, advocate for justice, serve with compassion, and lead with integrity.