Incoming 9th-Grade Students for Fall 2024:
The following steps outline the typical admission process. All admissions events and requirements are subject to change. Applications and registration for Fall 2024 will begin in September 2023.
- We invite you to meet with us at the following informational events:
- Catholic High School Virtual Information Night | Wednesday, September 27 at 6:00 pm. Register here.
- HNA / O'Dea Admissions Information Night | Tuesday, October 3, 6:30-8:00 pm at O'Dea High School. Register here.
- Walk and Talk Tuesdays for Parents of 8th grade students. Register here.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - FULL/Registration Closed; Please email Admissions@Holynames-sea.org to be placed on a waiting list.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023 FULL/Registration Closed; Please email Admissions@Holynames-sea.org to be placed on a waiting list.
- Walk and Talk Tuesdays for Parents of 7th grade students:
- Tuesday, March 12, 2024
- Tuesday, April 16, 2024
- 8th Grade Day at HNA. Students in 8th grade are invited to spend A Day at HNA with a current student as host. $15 is provided for lunch/break in the cafe. Visitors will be welcomed from the end of September through early January, dependent on the HNA schedule. Register here.
- The Fall Open House is on Sunday, November 5, 2023 from 12:00-3:00 pm. Register here.
The Winter Open House will be on January 3, 2024 from 6:30-8:30pm.
- The HNA Scholarship/Placement Exam will take place on Saturday, December 9 at 8:30am-12:30pm and Sunday, December 10 at 8:30am-12:30 pm. Register here.
- Complete the Student Application for Admission to Holy Names Academy. The application deadline for the Fall of 2024 is Thursday, January 4, 2024. Late applications will be considered on a space-available basis. Please contact the Admissions Office at (206)720-7805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Confidential School Report Fillable Form and Confidential Teacher Evaluation Fillable Form (PDF) to the student's current principal. Ask her/him to complete the form and forward it directly to Holy Names Academy (due on Thursday, January 4, 2024). NOTE: This is a common form used by several Seattle-area Catholic high schools and may be photocopied for multiple uses.
In addition, your principal should forward directly to HNA a copy of the following:
- Official transcript/permanent record
- Standardized test scores from current/previous years
- Report cards from the preceding two years
- Grades/progress reports from the current year
The admissions process for transfer students is the same as for incoming 9th-grade students (see above). It is recommended that applicants for the 10th grade submit standardized test scores (from within the last two years) and take the HNA Scholarship/ Placement Exam. Applicants for the 11th grade are not required to take the exam but are encouraged to include their most recent standardized exam scores with their application.
All application materials should be directed to:
Vice Principal of Academics
Holy Names Academy
728 21st Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98112-4022